or toll free: 877.833.2478
Have a question?
Yesterday's pioneer - today's leader
In 1962 Nature House Inc. began development of innovational
aluminum housing. Today, more than three decades later, Nature House
products remain the leader of the industry in both design and
sales. Visit our Secure On-line Catalog to purchase housing, accessories, and other purple martin products. Nature House offers PDF downloads of Instruction Sheets for many housing systems and accessories.
All Nature House systems offer these features necessary to become a
successful purple martin landlord.
- Aluminum construction - houses are heat reflective,
attractive, durable, and lightweight to provide a cool, comfortable
home for your martins that can easily be raised and lowered.
- Vertical raising and lowering - nests will not be disturbed
when house is raised or lowered to clean out sparrow nests; administer
parasite treatment for martin nests; and to do normal nest checks and
- Easy clean-out - compartments open with individual hinged
doors for convenient clean-out of sparrow nests or treatment of martin
- Guard rails - prevent young from premature flight and
falling to the ground, and can also allow martins to sit on the porch
- Winter closing - door stops keep sparrows from becoming
entrenched during winter while martins are absent.
- Proper ventilation - is important to insure good air flow
throughout the entire house.
- Starling-free control - bright, airy, shiny interiors
discourage starlings from nesting.
- Positive sparrow control - any Nature House martin system can
be instantly converted to a sparrow trap through use of the low-cost
SD-1 Spare-O-Door, which is effective at catching pesky sparrows
trying to nest in your martin house.
- Reflective roof - white or natural aluminum roof surfaces
are necessary for heat reflection, which is very important to keep any
house cool enough for martins. A martin house should never have a
- Durable - nearly maintenance free, aluminum houses never
have to be painted and last for many years with little or no upkeep.